About MissCakeBaker

I spend the week running in heels and the weekends in my apron.

Sunday 25 April 2010

Raspberry & Lemon Torta



Recipe

This is a Tana Ramsay recipe - I've never tried any of hers before but this came out really well. It was easy to make - it's quite 'pudding like' in that is is quite dense and moist so would be nice served warm as a dessert. Haven't tried it yet cool as I've just had some after it came out of the oven.

115g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
450g raspberries (I used frozen ones defrosted. I used about 350g though and thought that already seemed like quite a lot)
juice 1/2 lemon
225g golden caster sugar
3 eggs
250g plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
finely grated zest 1 unwaxed lemon

1. Preheat oven to 160c/140c fan/325f/gas 3. Butter a 20cm round tin and line base with greaseproof paper.
2. Place raspberries and lemon juice in a bowl and put to one side. In another bowl whisk the sugar and eggs until pale and thick. Carefully fold in the flour, baking powder and lemon zest then stir in the melted butter.
3. Put the batter in the tin and then add the raspberries including juice on top. Sprinkle the top with sugar.
4. Bake for 70 mins (I had to bake mine for more like 90-110 mins). Cool in tin and then on rack.




1 comment:

  1. I am sure this one would taste good even it's cool. With a couple of tea, this cake would make a cold rainy afternoon delightful!

    ReplyDelete