About MissCakeBaker

I spend the week running in heels and the weekends in my apron.

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Tarte aux Pommes

I was in France this weekend so didn't actually do any baking myself. However our lovely friends did make a very French, very delicious Tarte aux Pommes. I asked them for the recipe and here is what I got.

Recipe:

1. Peel, core and slice 3 apples (eating). Then fry the slices in butter with a couple of teaspoons of sugar until slightly soft (do this slowly and gently so they don't burn).
2. Roll out the pastry and put in a tart tin. (They used ready made sweet dessert pastry.)
3. Drain the apple slices and then lay them on the pastry so they overlap.
4. Bake for about half an hour at approx 200c.
5. Before serving brush with apricot jelly to glaze.

Picture on its way.....
I'm having camera problems and the pic won't load.....

No comments:

Post a Comment