About MissCakeBaker

I spend the week running in heels and the weekends in my apron.

Saturday 28 May 2011

Ginger, Oat & Sultana Cookies



This cookie recipe comes from the wonderful Popina Book of Baking. I have made them before and found they worked particularly well as a form of bribery when babysitting a 3 year old for a day.  It's amazing how you can get them to behave with the lure of a homemade biscuit.  I'm not sure that it would be one of Super Nanny's chosen methods but there you go!


They are a chewy cookie and the ginger sultana combo is delicious. I like to think the oats make them marginally more healthy too....


The recipe can be found in The Popina Book of Baking.

7 comments:

  1. I love the ginger and sultana combo... divine... I shall be making these x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can smell these at my cottage in Maine! How I wish you lived next door! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious combination for the cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oat and dried fruit style biscuits! These look so perfect and homely

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did smell good when they were baking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the book myself so will definitely bookmark this recipe to make as it looks amazing! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love anything with ginger in and oats always make a good biscuit - they look really good too.

    ReplyDelete